Tankless Water Heaters
Many newer properties in Prescott, AZ, have tankless water heaters. When properly maintained, these heaters are more energy-efficient and also longer lasting than their traditional counterparts. However, there are things that can go wrong with them, and if the heater fails, you’ll be left with no hot water. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides tankless water heater repair services and can assist with replacements, too.
What Are Tankless Water Heaters?
Tankless water heaters are heaters that provide hot water on demand instead of pre-heating the water and keeping it in a tank ready for use at a later time. There are several benefits to this design:
- Tankless water heaters consume less energy: Because the heaters only heat up water when you need it and only heat the water you use, they consume less energy than a traditional tank heater that tries to keep 30 to 50 gallons of water hot at all times.
- You get endless hot water: If you live in a large household and have several people taking a shower every day, you could exhaust the hot water in your tank. With a tankless heater, you’ll have a steady stream of hot water.
- Tankless heaters take up less space: Because there’s no requirement for a tank to store the hot water, a tankless heater requires less space to install.
- Failures are less catastrophic: If a traditional water heater’s tank ruptures, the resulting leak can cause a lot of damage to your property. In contrast, if a tankless heater fails, all that happens is you lose hot water for a while.
Common Issues with Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are generally quite reliable and can be expected to last for up to 20 years. However, they won’t work in a power cut, and they do have parts that can fail. Fortunately, most tankless water heater repair jobs are relatively simple and cost-effective. Some common issues with tankless water heaters include:
- Blocked exhausts
- Flame / ignition failure
- Discolored hot water
If your tankless water heater relies on gas, it’s vital to have it serviced regularly. Blocked exhausts can deprive the heater of oxygen and increase the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be fatal if inhaled. If you use gas on your property, it’s important to have a carbon monoxide detector fitted and check the functioning of that detector regularly, as well as to have any gas appliances serviced.
Discolored hot water is a sign of mineral build-up in the water heater. This issue is particularly common in Prescott, AZ, and the surrounding areas because so much of the water supply comes from deep reservoirs or the Colorado River and therefore has high mineral content.
Our Tankless Water Heater Repair Services
The team at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing has extensive experience in working with tankless water heaters. Our plumbers are licensed to work in Arizona and are fully insured and trained in the use of the latest tools for diagnostics, as well as safety best practices.
If you’re having problems with your water heater, our expert plumbers can inspect the system, diagnose the fault and advise you on whether a tankless water heater repair is viable or if a replacement would be more cost-effective in the long run. We’re committed to providing respectful, honest, and professional service and will always make impartial recommendations.
Most tankless water heater issues are things that can be fixed with the correct tools. However, repairs should only be conducted by a professional because the heaters rely on gas and electricity as well as water. Mistakes could present a serious danger to you and your loved ones.
Tankless Water Heater Replacement in Prescott, AZ
It may be time to consider tankless water heater replacement if you notice any of the following issues with your heater:
- Your heater can’t keep up with the demand of supplying hot water to more than one faucet, but it used to be able to
- Your faucets alternate between running hot and cold
- There are signs of rust around the water inlet valve, or you suspect there’s a leak
- The heater is making unusual noises
- You’ve had to call a plumber for tankless water heater repairs more than once recently
In general, there are fewer things that can go wrong with a tankless water heater than with a traditional one. However, this doesn’t mean they’re immune to breakdowns. If your heater is more than 15 years old and is showing its age, replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient one makes sense.
Punctual and Reliable Plumbing Services
We understand how important hot water is for your household. If you’re having issues with your tankless water heater, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing today to book a repair. We’ll send one of our professional plumbers to inspect your water heater and put things right for you.
We offer an on-time guarantee, and all of our vans are stocked with the most frequently-needed tools and parts, allowing us to fix 90% of the plumbing issues we attend on the first call-out, giving you the hot water you need without delay.
We also offer tankless water heater installation, so if your traditional heater is showing its age and you’d like to upgrade to something more energy-efficient, be sure to ask us whether a tankless heater would work for your home.Call us today!